When would I send a Motor Carrier Details and Invoice (210) document?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I need to invoice a carrier for services rendered. Would I send a 210 document in this scenario?
Photo of FAQ


  • 9,380 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sarah


  • 2,200 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
A Motor Carrier Details and Invoice is typically sent from the carrier to a shipper, consignee or third-party payment center for payment of freight charges. One 210 transaction is usually sent for each shipment. It provides an itemized detail of the charges, along with other information you would typically find on a paper invoice.