Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old
Testing & Certification Expectations
The SPS Commerce Testing & Certification service will prepare you to meet the compliance requirements of your retail customers–whether you’re adding a new EDI trading partner or expanding an existing relationship.
In order to set you up for a successful testing and certification process, please review
the checklist below and confirm you understand all of the requirements and
expectations, as well as the testing process.
Trading Partner Requirements
- You have reviewed your trading partner’s requirements and are able to meet all document requirements for all fulfillment models.
- You have reviewed the specifications and are aware of all mapping requirements.
Testing Process and Timeline
- Once your project has been created and assigned to your dedicated testing consultant they will contact you with a welcome email to introduce themselves and set expectations.
- If you need time to complete a setup and/or mapping you should reply back to the welcome email and let your testing consultant know when you will have this completed and be ready to start testing. You will be able to ask them any questions regarding the specifications/requirements during this time.
- Your SPS Commerce testing timeline will consist of 15 business days. This testing timeline begins once we send you test data and a notification email indicating that testing has begun to initiate the testing process.
- Your trading partner may have a compliance date which differs from your testing contract date. This is managed outside of SPS Commerce. If you have any issues with this compliance date you will need to contact your trading partner to discuss.
- Connectivity is a part of the SPS Commerce testing process and you will need to establish a VAN, AS2, or FTP connection in order to complete testing.
- If you have an existing connection with SPS Commerce you can reuse this connection for all trading partnerships.
- There is a setup fee for new AS2 or FTP connection.
- The welcome email you are sent will contain sender/receiver information, a link to all of the EDI specifications, an outline of the required testing scenarios, a link to your testing portal, and contact information for your dedicated testing consultant. This will also contain a form to provide us with your item information for testing.
- In order to ensure accuracy in production you will need to complete all of your mapping per the specifications, not test or sample data. The test PO is a representation of what you will most likely see in production, but every order may or may not differ in some manner.
- You do not need to test one document at at time. There is no specific order in which the documents must be tested, and you can work in all, or multiple documents at one time.
You can find further detail around the value of trading each document within our Support Center by searching ‘benefits of trading EDI’ at https://supportcenter.spscommerce.com/spscommerce.
There are no replies.