Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of Date
- If you receive this error you will need to uninstall the Windows update KB2918614.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on "Window Update." If you are not familiar with accessing your Control Panel, you will want to click the Start Menu (likely in the bottom-left). From here, select Control Panel on the right side.
If you are only seeing eight icons, please change the "View by:" to Large icons in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- In the next window, click on "View Update History" on the left side.
- In order to remove the update, we need to view the Installed Updates by clicking the link in the top center.
- Once all of the Installed updates load, search in the top left corner for KB2918614
- Once the search finds KB2918614, you can right-click to Uninstall. Once uninstalled, exit out of all browsers. Next, go back into the desired browser and attempt to install Java. You should be able to install the newest version of Java.