Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date
- The customer manages all cross-referencing.
- All products from QuickBooks are pulled in automatically by Profile
- Updating Item information in the adaptor does not update back into Quickbooks.
all QuickBooks items will display in the UI. When you upload your first
spreadsheet (scroll down further in this article for spreadsheet info),
ONLY the item #s that you created cross-references for will display
when you go back to the UI. This is done so the item list doesn't get
overloaded and cluttered.
- To add a new cross reference for an item that isn't displaying on the left side, you have 2 options:
- Use the spreadsheet to add new item cross references.
- Click "REFRESH ITEMS" button to bring all the items back in
a Trading Partner, or leave blank to display all Trading Partners. All
the trading partners associated with that item will display on the left.
4 Part #s are available
Vend Part #:
VendorPartNumber. Only use this if the VendorPartNumber differs from
the QuickBooks Item #. The input data will contain the VendorPartNumber
from the trading partner, which will cross-refernce to the QuickBooks
- Buyer Part #: BuyerPartNumber
- UPC: ConsumerPackageCode
- GTIN: GTIN
- Natl Drug Code: NatlDrugCode
- Type the items directly into the boxes in the Adaptor (see screenshot above)
- Use an Excel spreadsheet to do a mass-upload
Click "SPREADSHEET EDIT"
- The .csv will open in Excel
Adaptor will turn into a smaller window that has a "FINISH SPREADSHEET
EDIT" button on it. This will stay on top until you are done.
Adaptor turns into screen “Finish spreadsheet edit” and Excel is opened
modify the fields that are NOT grayed out (also, there is a note in the
pop-up window about that - see the red box on the screenshot below)
Note on leading 0s on part #s
an item # has leading 0s (such as "00123"), they will display properly
when Excel opens. However, if you need to enter NEW items with leading
0s, they will not. Here is how to do it.
Highlight the cell(s) you want to enter the part #s in
Right Click > Format Cells > Number tab > Text
Enter your item # in the cell (which is now formatted as "Text" instead of "General", which likes to drop leading 0s)
When finished, click "FINISH SPREADSHEET EDIT" and the items will be uploaded
Changes do not push back into QuickBooks
The "QuickBooks Item" is the same as the "Vend Part #"
(VendorPartNumber), no XREF is needed. If "Vend Part #" (the part # in
the EDI, or VendorPartNumber) differs from the QuickBooks Item, enter
the VendorPartNumber in "Vend Part #"
- Highlight the cell(s) you want to enter the part #s in
- When done, click "FINISH SPREADSHEET EDIT" and your changes will be uploaded into the Adaptor
- Even 1 failed part # will fail a full PO and delete it from the FTP.
There are no replies.