Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: WF Sunset
We have recently revamped our Java post to try to capture the current issues we are seeing with Java. Please feel free to let us know if you encounter anything beyond what is addressed below.
SPS Commerce WebForms leverages the use of Java in order to load forms and allow for data entry. Java will need to be installed on each computer where WebForms will be used. If you have java on your computer, but are still having issues loading forms, you may need to update your java version.
To update your java version, please follow the steps below or feel free to watch our Java troubleshooting videos. Note these steps are for a Windows computer, and you will need to repeat this process for each computer you use to access WebForms. **Note please consult your IT Department prior to updating as you may need permission to do so.
Java Troubleshooting - Check and Update Java
Java Troubleshooting - Enable Java Add-Ons
When installing a new version of Java, we've found it best to completely uninstall any current versions of Java. This will allow the new version to update properly. This is very important and is a key reason forms do not load. If you have recently updated your Java, you may need to remove Java completely from your computer by following the instructions below:
Uninstalling Your Current Java Version(s)
- First click on the 'Start' menu on your computer.
- Next click on 'Control Panel'
- Once the control panel loads you will either see 'Programs' or 'Programs and Features'. If you see 'Programs', click on that first and then 'Programs and Features' will be available in the next window. Click on 'Programs and Features' to load up the list of programs on your computer.
- In the list of programs, navigate to Java (typically the programs are sorted alphabetically). You should see something like 'Java v# update#'. Right click on this and choose 'Uninstall'. This will begin the uninstall process.
- Once Java is uninstalled, you may close the control panel.
Now that you have successfully uninstalled java you are ready to download the new java version. To do this continue the steps below.
Installing a New Java Version
- When downloading a new java version, it is important that you download it via the browser that you typically use for WebForms (Mozilla FireFox or Internet Explorer). If you use Mozilla FireFox, you will need a 32bit version of Java, not 64bit. If you use FireFox to download the newest Java, it will automatically get you the correct 32bit version.
- Once you open up a new browser window, navigate to www.java.com. This is where you will be getting the new java download.
- Click on 'Free Java Download'
- Next, click on 'Agree and Start Free Download'
- After this, follow the prompts on the screen. You may need to initially save and run the downloaded file. **Note Java may ask you if you want to install McAfee Security or the Ask Toolbar. You do not need these for WebForms so you may uncheck them if you choose.
- After you finish downloading Java, a window will pop up that asks you to verify your Java version. You do not need to do this. Next, you need to close the browser completely. This will allow the Java changes to take effect.
If you are still experiencing Java issues, please check out the links below that relate to your issues:
Java blocked by security settings
- Firefox - not loading forms
- Java error 1603
On a Mac? Please use this guide
Are you having issues viewing orders in your account? Are they appearing blank? Click here to learn about optimizing your browser settings.
If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us or post here in our Support Center!